macOS Big Sur and Parallels Desktop

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by IvanD@Parallels, Jun 22, 2020.

1. DigitalC3

DigitalC3

Hii, i am new here

2. ANTHONYC12

ANTHONYC12

i have upgraded my Mac Mini M1, MacOS Bis Sure version 11.5.2 to Parallel 17, during the upgrade phase it is now stuck in the restarting page for over a day now. I have Parallel Toolbox installed as well at that time of upgrade it was expired but have since purchased and is activated.
    What can i do now to resolve this "Restarting" phase?

3. ANTHONYC12

ANTHONYC12

resolved after i forced a "restart" and then it completed the upgrade, thanks

4. BeL2

BeL2 Bit Poster

Hi guys,
    I got parallels last ear. One-time purchase. I tried to upgrade it and it requires my MacBook to "Allow Parallels Extension" however, in system preference nothing showed up for me to allow "Parallels International GmbH.

Does anybody know the solution?

Thanks

5. Anand48

Anand48 Bit Poster

Hi, please shut down the virtual machine and change the hypervisor to Apple to check on the issue:
    1. To Shut down the virtual machine: Actions > "Shut down" the virtual machine or refer here.
    2. To change the hypervisor type refer to https://kb.parallels.com/125186

6. ParallelsU756

ParallelsU756

Hello. May I please check one question as I haven't found the answer in the internet.
    I need to use windows for work. I have MacBook Air m1. If I use Parallels desktop 17 and install windows, can I use windows without internet connection? I mean at home I have internet all time. But sometimes I travel and I don't have internet for several days. Will I be able to use windows with all my working functional and files like it would be a windows laptop but without internet? Thank you in advance!

ElliotS3 likes this.
  7. Maria@Parallels

Maria@Parallels Parallels Team

Hello, you can use your virtual machine without an internet connection.
    For more information about the Parallels Desktop network modes please check this KB article.
    If you have any additional questions please let us know.

8. feff

feff Bit Poster

In the process of running the arm version of linux using parallels, I found that the arm version of linux supports very little software, and it is not as easy to use as the amd version of linux. The software I often use can hardly be found in arm64 linux. So I especially hope that parallels can run amd64 linux

9. GampaA@Parallels

GampaA@Parallels Staff Member

Hello please follow the KB article https://kb.parallels.com/125375 for Linux VM.
    If the guest OS is compatible with your Mac, then Parallels will work smoothly.

10. feff

feff Bit Poster

I think you should have misunderstood what I mean. What I want is not windows, but a linux running amd64 on m1 Apple computers, because nowadays m1 Apple computers can only run arm64 linux, but arm64 linux is very It's not easy to use and supports few software, so I hope parallels can run amd64 linux on Apple computers equipped with m1 chip

11. DebasmitaM@Parallels

DebasmitaM@Parallels Staff Member

He
    Hello, kindly follow https://kb.parallels.com/128445 for installing Linux virtual machine on a Mac with Apple M1 chip. Thanks, Parallels Team.