Make Coherence Mode Sexy!

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by thingi, Jan 4, 2007.

1. thingi

thingi Bit poster

2. dtidmore

dtidmore Member

sexy, BUT...

I am running 3106, XP Pro with no issues. I am running this on a 17" MBP CD with 2GB Ram. I loaded FlyakiteOSX more out of curiosity than anything else. The product loaded without issue, but then the problems began. FAK dogs my MBP down HORRIBLY. Ad Aware and ZoneLabs both detected massive tracking cookies and several questionable keyboard and mouse tracking exes trying to execute. As I was working in a safe environment, I let the thing load. it is good, but not a perfect implementation of the Aqua GUI. As I mentioned it dogged my MBP down in both the Parallel and OSX environments and Parallel kept crashing. After several hours of playing with it, I trashed the VM and determined that FlyaKiteOSX is not really a good idea or even a ready for primetime goody especially in a Parallel setup. If others have had a better experience, please post as I am curious if my experience was isolated.

david

3. syntrak

syntrak Member

Why is your drive called Leopard ??

4. johnoyler

johnoyler Member

Not bad, actually...

But I still wonder if it wouldn't be better for Parallels to wrap each windows-window in an OSX "pane" complete with its own min/max/close button.

5. stokkes

stokkes Member

I think it's important at this time for the Parallels team to focus on fixing any of the remaining problems with the current crop of betas.

Not all of us have them (I don't), but there are issues. Before any new features that may need attention/tweaking get added, Parallels needs to release a few more betas and finally a stable 2.5 release (or whatever it will be).

All this other jazz can and probably should be added to the 3.0 codebranch along with the D3D stuff they're working on (another potential beta nightmare for them).

6. drval

drval Pro

Why -- each Windows window has its own set of buttons for that same functionality?