Make it easier to use

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by Hiohokaybye, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Hiohokaybye

Hiohokaybye Junior Member

There are couple problems that the parallels is having:
    First: the cd and the usb drive, i tried to find how to get the usb flash drive workin on parallels for more than 1 month and still i can't find out how to do it. And the CD or Dvd, i can't even burn anything on it because i can't even find the cd or dvd on my computer in paralles. It's also rly hard to live without having any games on ur computer, i tried to install many games (including: counter strike condition zero, War rock, age of mythology, Battlefield 2..) but none of them works.
    Second: On the parallels box it said "easy to share files between windows and osx w/ parallels sharing tools" but it doesn't even mention where is the tool...?! :p

2. joem

joem Forum Maven

If you read the manual, most of your questions will be answered. Disk burning is not supported in the latest release, but is in the latest beta, which should be released soon. Many games require 3D graphics or directX, neither of which is supported by parallels at this time, and probably won't be for some months. Support is on the roadmap, but not for the current version. Tools installation and shared folder is covered in the manual, which you should read before asking volunteers for their time to help you.

3. Hiohokaybye

Hiohokaybye Junior Member

i did

i read everything about the usb port on it and it doens't tell anything about it!
    And can you please tell me how to do the shared folder tool? i read on the user manual on page 76, and i still have no idea how to do it. Can you just please tell me how to do it? thanks

Last edited: Jan 20, 2007
  4. peranders

peranders Bit poster

Check menu => Actions => Install Parallels Tools

Quite easy.

About USB, have you "connect" -ed yet? See the small icons at the bottom of the Parallels window or when you start Parallels.