mapped network drive

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by ryanm1903, Apr 18, 2006.

1. ryanm1903

ryanm1903 Bit poster

in beta3 i mapped a network drive from the windows VM to allow file integration between guest and host OS's. only about a week after i set it up, in beta3 and beta4, it can no longer connect to the macbook because "the specified network name is no longer available. i have file sharing activated within osx, with the user account enabled, and am able to connect to other windows machines from my windows VM, but for some reason i can no longer map a drive from my guest os to my host, any ideas?

2. Paul Linden

Paul Linden Member

Can you make sure the IP address is the same? For instance, my Mac OS X local IP address changed (somehow) from 192.168.0.4 to 192.168.0.22 sometime after I had mapped it in my WinXP VM and XP couldn't connect.

Remapping the drive to the new IP address allowed me to reconnect.

3. ryanm1903

ryanm1903 Bit poster

yeah, the IP address of the macbook is 192.168.1.104, and i tried mapping by both \\192.168.1.104\username and \\(macbook's name).local\username, both had the same results

4. SandyKrav

SandyKrav Bit poster

Don't know if this will help, but I ran into the same problem on my wife's MBP. Turns out the OSX wasn't assigned to the same MS Workgroup as Windows XP in Parallels. The Apple support site posts directions on how to check your workgroup name in OSX. After I did that (and rebooted) everything worked fine.