Minor Coherence Annoyance

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by pcraddock, Jan 6, 2009.

1. pcraddock

pcraddock Member

I am using PD4 Build 3810 on a MBP 2.4 with 4GB RAM and noticed a minor annoyance when starting in Coherence (otherwise, this is FAR and away the best build I have used).. A small piece of the Windows desktop appears on my desktop after Windows boots. Once I switch to Window view and back to Coherence, it clears. I attached a screenshot... Any ideas?
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. dcrinzema

dcrinzema Member

I have the same minor annoyance, except mine started in 3340 and is smack dab in the middle of the screen. Switching back and forth from Coherence to the full screen Windows view and back fixes it, but it's still annoying.

3. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

Please check can you see this when resolution on mac OS side is lower
    set it for example to 1280x1024

4. dcrinzema

dcrinzema Member

I reset MAC resolution to several different and lower resolutions, and the small square of the Windows Desktop was still there in all resolutions.

5. John@Parallels

Did you shut down and start mac, sorry I forgot to mention it
    Also please check that video memory is set at least to 64 mb

6. pcraddock

pcraddock Member

I have tried several resolutions, as well. I have 128MB set for video in Parallels. I have rebooted a couple times with no change. I did have this in the previous build of PD4 as well. It only seems to be an issue if I start in Coherence. If I start in full-screen or window mode, then to Coherence, it doesn't appear. Switching back and forth once clears it and it doesn't seem to reappear during normal use until I restart the VM.

7. John@Parallels