Minsap crashes on Winxp guest

Discussion in 'Parallels Workstation for Windows and Linux' started by 1kyle, May 30, 2006.

1. 1kyle

1kyle Member

Hi there -- not an application too many people will have heard of but for running SAP basis and a Web Application server (WAS) you can run a free piece of software called Minisap.

This needs to use the Microsoft Loopback adapter with a fixed IP address of something like 10.10.0.10.

The loopback adapter doesn't seem to cause any problems but starting the SAP DB server causes the whole thing to crash.

Here's a brief description of the Software

http://www.sapdevelopment.co.uk/abap/minihome.htm

I know this is an application not likely to be in huge demand - but I'm stress testing parallels to the limit.

Parallels has been remarkably robust so far with a couple of exceptions you've duly addressed for fixing in release 3.

The SAP problem could also be due to low RAM - this is quite a hog and I'm running my VM with 592MB RAM. I suspect that I really need the VM to use 1GB for running this application sensibly in any case.

Some programs (SAP for example) aren't really designed to be run on a Laptop.

Otherwise great stuff --keep the good work going

Cheers
    -K

Last edited: May 30, 2006
  2. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

Thanks for reporting - we will investigate this issue.

3. Ric98

Ric98 Bit poster

Any further developments on this?
    I suspect you might be pushing your luck trying to run Minisap under a VM with 592MB of RAM. Not too familiar with this version, but do you get anything in the logs about how far it got? What is the guest OS? SAP used to supply VMware runtime editions a few years back as partner demos, but think they gave up on that.
    Would be cool though...

4. mpdude

mpdude Junior Member

Any news on this one? I'd like to get a Macbook :) but running MiniSAP on it would be essential for me. So, is this basically possible if I just get enough RAM or are there any software incompatibilities?