Modifier key delay in Coherence

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by jordan314, Oct 2, 2008.

1. jordan314

jordan314 Junior Member

Hi,
    I'm really enjoying Coherence mode in build 5608. I have two widescreen monitors and found I had to double the video memory of my VM for it to work correctly, but now it works. I found some bugs though:
    The biggest problem is a delay in modifier keys, such as shift, control, and alt. Often when I try and copy or paste, it will instead replace the text with "v" or "c" because the control key hasn't registered yet. I'm not sure why this is, but I've had to train myself to hold down control for a few seconds before hitting v or c. Shift is a problem too, often I'll type and the sEcond lEtter in a word will be capitalized instead of the First. I'm not sure why.
    The other bug I've found is that the start menu behaves weirdly if the second monitor is taller than your first. I actually have my second monitor rotated 90 degrees and OS X rotating it back. In coherence mode, the task bar mounts on the bottom of the second monitor and doesn't display on the first. I can turn on "Exclude Dock" for usable work area, but then the task bar floats across the middle of my second monitor and applications cannot be resized past it. As a workaround, I put the taskbar on top of the screen, which floats less towards the middle of the second monitor, but some apps don't register the bottom of the taskbar as the top of the screen so they hide behind it.

2. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

We will try to reproduce situation