module vm-main is not found

Discussion in 'Parallels Workstation for Windows and Linux' started by raffi, Mar 22, 2007.

1. raffi

raffi Bit poster

Hi,

Each day I boot up my laptop and try to run Parallels I am receiving the error "module vm-main is not found" and I am directed to run parallels-config to compile the kernel drivers.

I do this and then parallels runs properly. Any thoughts?

I have installed on Ubuntu Edgy Eft 6.10

2. constant

constant Forum Maven

Try searching for vm-main. I just did and got many links to help.

3. sidboswell

sidboswell Junior Member

no go

Playing with another distribution and I'm having the same issue in Edgy Eft....

When I run parallels after a reboot I receive that message (vm-main not found). So, I run 'sudo parallels-config' and it runs clean, then I can start parallels.

I searched around on the forums and am still looking...and searching on vm-main is how I found this thread.

Anybody ever find a solution to this?

4. 9812713

9812713 Bit poster

Raffi .. and everyone

I have a similar problem, however after I re-run the parallels-config again it will work again.. As I have said, this is a Temporary FIX...

But for the time that it takes the run the command, I am satisfied for the mean time.

5. sidboswell

sidboswell Junior Member

drivers_start in lieu of parallels-config

It's quicker to run /usr/lib/parallels/autostart/drivers_start rather than recompiling the actual drivers every time.

I still can't figure out why /etc/init.d/parallels (which is a symlink to /usr/lib/parallels/autostart/parallels) doesn't start the drivers.

I'll post here if I figure it out.