money back guarantee on preorder helps a lot

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by bombastinator, Jun 1, 2007.

1. bombastinator

bombastinator Member

I have noticed a lot of complaints and suspicion about the pre-order for parallels 3.0.

I got an email today for it and one of the things it specifically mentions is that there is a 30 day money back guarantee. If it doesn't have the features you need or is made irrelevant at WWDC you can return it. Easy.

I'm ordering mine now.

I am noticing that the money back thing comes from nova development rather than swsoft. Is this the official parallels thing or some retailer?

MESSAGE BODY

" As a registered owner of Parallels Desktop for Mac, you know first-hand the value and versatility of one of the best selling Macintosh software products in history. What you might not know is that Version 3.0 of Parallels Desktop is just around the corner!

This new version of Parallels has more than 50 new and improved features ...

Easy! Installs Windows XP or Windows Vista in just 3 steps
    Versatile! Run 3D games! Supports OpenGL and DirectX and some of the hottest PC games.
    Powerful! Coherence 2.0 – Run your Windows and MacOS applications in one integrated environment.
    Flexible! Use your BootCamp Partition inside Parallels. Now even works with Windows Vista!
    Convenient! Support for Shared printers
    Compatible! Wider USB 2.0 and BootCamp support
    Fast! Better performance than ever before!
    And much, much more!
    JUST $39.99 FOR REGISTERED PARALLELS DESKTOP
    USERS ONLY

Version 3.0 of Parallels Desktop for Mac will ship in June. You’ll see it on store shelves everywhere for $79.99 or more. But as a registered user, you’ll save 50%! Take advantage of the one-time-only $39.99 registered user pre-order price, and we’ll wait until Version 3.0 ships before charging your credit card.

We’ve reserved a copy of Parallels Desktop 3.0 for you. In fact, we've made it easier than ever - giving you the choice of downloading the software or receiving the full boxed product by mail. But you must hurry. This is a limited-time offer and expires in 7 days!

You have our full money-back guarantee. If you don’t instantly see the value of this spectacular upgrade, you may return it within 30 days, and we'll gladly refund your money — with no questions asked.

We're looking forward to hearing from you!

Best Regards,

Chris Anderson
    Special Promotions Manager,
    Nova Development

P.S. To take advantage of this exclusive registered user upgrade offer, be sure to order now. Don't miss this chance to take advantage of this one-time-only $39.99 offer! This offer ends soon, so get your reserved copy of Parallels Desktop 3.0 for Mac today!

DON'T MISS THIS MUST-HAVE UPGRADE!

NOTE: This offer is restricted to registered users of Parallels Desktop for Mac only. You must have a valid version 2.0 or 2.5 serial number to qualify for this special pricing.

Please do not reply to this email; if you need to contact Customer Service, please visit http://www.novadevelopment.com/ and go to “Contact Us.â€

If you would like to unsubscribe and no longer receive notification about new Nova products for registered users, for any reason, you may do so by going to: http://www.novadevelopment.com/Company/Remove.aspx. Once we receive your request, your email address will be processed for removal from future new product emails. Please note that you may still receive email that is already in production for 30 days.

This email was sent by Nova Development, 23801 Calabasas Rd. Suite 2005, Calabasas, CA 91302.
    "

Last edited: Jun 1, 2007