Mount the Parallels Tools in 1940 Build

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by theelement752, Oct 12, 2006.

1. theelement752

theelement752 Bit poster

I recently installed the 1940 build of parallels, and am currently happily running windows xp on my macbook. When I try to install the parallels tools update for USB support and the other tools, nothing happens. After numerous reboots nothing still happens, could anyone give me any advice as to how to fix this problem.

2. kgregc

kgregc Member

After starting the instal, how long have you waited before "doing something".... I noticed the install was nott starting in my installation, cancelled the install, re-started again and waited a bit. The install did start...install the tools and everything is fine. Might want to give it a minute to start. Might also try re-starting Windows once and then try to install the tools again.

3. theelement752

theelement752 Bit poster

I mean, I easily might have waited 3 minutes, and did restart windows a few times, but I might just try to leave it alone for awhile to see what hapens, thanks for hte help, Oh, and when I do the connect to image thing, nothing happens when i connect to ptools.iso, and i think that might be a bad sign.

4. jammertal

jammertal Bit poster

I ve got the same problem. The iMac crashes. I have to use the Install Disc to get the iMAc start again. The network doesn't.