Mouse pointer not correctly rendering

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by hisglassworks, Dec 13, 2006.

1. hisglassworks

hisglassworks Bit poster

I have a bit of an odd situation:
    My boss extensively uses an astrophotography program called ImagesPlus that is windows only.
    He's making the move to a MacBook Pro, and we've installed Parallels in order to use ImagesPlus.

The one hangup that we've come across is this: When aligning pictures taken from the telescope, you line them up by choosing a star that is located in each picture. The ImagesPlus program gives you a crosshair in which to choose the star and mark it.

In a true Windows environment, the cursor is white over black backgrounds, and black over white backgrounds making it easy to see and mark the picture.

In Parallels, the crosshair cursor is black, no matter what we do. The author of the program says that Windows controls the color of the cursor crosshair on the background and not the ImagesPlus program. Is there something funky in the video drivers for Parallels that is screwing up this behavior?

has anyone else seen something like this or how to fix it?

Any help or suggestions would be great.
    Thanks

2. maverick808

maverick808 Hunter

The exact same problem occurs under Visual Studio.

I like to write code with green text on a black background. On a Windows machine the cursor changes to white when over the black background. However, in Parallels the cursor stays black even over the black background; making it impossible to see.

Very frustrating.