Mouse Problems

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by mecoolai, Jun 9, 2007.

1. mecoolai

mecoolai Junior Member

Well, just wanted to share my experience in upgrading. I think first installing it had no hitches until I opened the virtual machine. Everything started to NOT work (well obviously because you need to install the parallel tools). I just wish there was some way to make it easier (mouse was NOT working, so I had to navigate using the keyboard).

The weird thing was that when I went to eh parallels toolbar to "Install Parallel Tools" either it was going really slow or crashing because I hit CANCEL INSTALL PARALLEL TOOLS. and then clicked on INSTALL PARALLEL tools. After that I didn't have a hitch.

My only problem now is that the VM doesn't correctly track my mouse. What I mean is like when you go over the Start Menu with your mouse, its supposed to highlight under the mouse when I go over menu items. Its annoying how I have to manually click through the items, rather having it highlight...

Anyone know a fix for this?

2. jsisler

jsisler Bit poster

I'm not having the exact problem but I have a logitech mx610 cordless laser mouse with a usb receiver. If I take out the receiver and put it back in Parallels freaks. It asks if I want to have the mouse connected automatically and then it can't handle the connection.

As soon as I shut down the vm the mouse works. When I restart the vm the mouse works then.

Jerry

3. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

mecoolai,

Try to uninstall Parallels Tools and then install it again. It seems mouse driver installed incorrect.

4. AlanH

AlanH Pro

Sorry if I've got the wrong end of the stick, but it sounds as though you are expecting the mouse to be connected directly to your VM as a USB device. It doesn't work that way. Parallels maps your Mac-connected mouse to the VM via the Parallels Tools, and the same mouse does double duty.