My easy fix for my slow Parallels 4.0 (build 4.0.3810)

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Thomas Bailey, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Thomas Bailey

Thomas Bailey Bit poster

I know EVERYONE is frustrated with how slow P4 is when it was touted as an improvement over P3. I too have been pulling out teeth with how slow and unresponsive P4 has consistently been, particularly after the last downloaded patch about feb/mar 2009. I decided to give reinstalling P4 to see if there was an improvement. I downloaded he latest installer version for P4 while attempting to install from the install DVD, and low and behold, the installer (Hopefully!) seems to have corrected whatever was making my P4 system so slow. I can only guess it was due to corrupted files or a poor previous installation. Either way, it was an easy fix without needing to worry about where my data files were, re-entering serial numbers, or otherwise causing a great big pain in the neck.

If anyone else tries this and finds it helps or does not help, please post your experiences here in order to develop a consensus on whether it helps.

Cheers!

Tom B

2. Thomas Reddin

Thomas Reddin Bit poster

I agree as well, latest build is running fine...NO issues...now is we can just get them to implement a SSO when using on windows domain... Login into the Mac and it hands off the sign on to Windows, and be an option to auto start the desired guest OS...seems feasible, may post this in the request section...any ideas on this as well....maybe post another question this...

3. Randy Shelly

Randy Shelly Bit poster

slow

I just upgraded to 4.0 and it did indeed solve most the problems we were having but it is slow! we are running on 512 megs of ram, ould that be the problem or is this just super slow?

4. Thomas Reddin

Thomas Reddin Bit poster

We are currently running 2gigs Ram in this MacBook Pro, and do not experience any slowness with it...but not know how much you have allocated you stated 512, is that for that the whole system or what is allowed to your VM...

Thanks