My request (restart icons along the bottom)

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by ppayne, Dec 13, 2006.

1. ppayne

ppayne Member

I love Parallels, blah blah blah. It's great that you guys can add so many features so quickly. Give your programmers a hug for us. Can I send you some Green Tea Pocky from Japan to show my thanks?

I dislike having the icon bar visible as it wastes space. So, I keep it hidden, but that means I have to use the menu to restart, etc. How about giving us icons for stop, pause, start, full screen along the bottom of the window, along the left edge? Where the network, CD-ROM etc. icons are. This would be great, especially as we'll hopefully be getting a smaller Macbook Pro in the future.

Also, I *just* found a bug I think. I resized the screen with a game installer open, assuming it wouldn't mind the PC screen resolution changing. Turns out, it didn't like it at all, and I had to force the PC to restart. Maybe some programs dislike having the resolution change, and if so, perhaps Parallels should ask before resizing the display when one of these programs is open? (full scren games, an installer that's using the screen in full screen mode, etc). Just a suggestion.

2. ppayne

ppayne Member

Oops, the hanging issue I found was me trying to execute an installer through a shared Parallels disk, so that is probably nothing to do with the resolution. But it would be nice to have smaller icons along the bottom in the program.