Need to delete files within parallels to make room, but I can't open it to delete it

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by GfdxG, Dec 1, 2023.

Tags:
  1. GfdxG

GfdxG Bit poster

So I made a bit of a mistake. I downloaded a large program for which I thought I had room but didn't. now parallels says I need to free up disc space so I can use it. Thing is, only thing I want to delete to get this room back is the file I was downloading, but I don't know how to find it in my files from my Mac, but I also can't open up Parallels to delete the file from in there, because I need to room to open it, but I can't get the room unless I get in. So I'm stuck in circles until I can find a solution

2. Adeboye Adeotan

Adeboye Adeotan Staff Member

Hello,

To aid us in troubleshooting this further, please collect a technical report while the issue is being reproduced (click the Parallels icon > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and send the report's 9-digit ID in reply to this post.

3. joevt

joevt Forum Maven

You were downloading something inside the VM which made your virtual hard disk too large so the virtual machine stopped working?
    Instead of making room inside the VM, make room outside the VM.

Or move the virtual hard disk (or entire virtual machine if the virtual hard disk is inside the virtual machine file) to a bigger disk. This might not work if the VM uses absolute paths.

MatthewR20 likes this.