Network problem in PD4

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by bbbullock, Nov 19, 2008.

1. bbbullock

bbbullock Junior Member

After upgrading I'm having a problem switching between my office (wired ethernet) and home (airport connection). I've set up PD4 using shared networking, which is the method I used in PD3.

I put my MBP to sleep at the office by closing the lid, and then unplug the ethernet cable. I open the MBP at home and the wireless connection establishes immediately on the OS X side, but Windows (XP) does not connect.

Attached is an ipconfig snapshot.

What am I doing wrong? This worked just fine under PD3.

Brian

Attached Files:

2. bbbullock

bbbullock Junior Member

Please see the attached additional file...the result of an ipconfig /release and /renew cycle.

Still no Internet connection in Windows.

Brian

Attached Files:

3. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Unfortunately the forum script have shrinked the image and nothing is visible in the second screenshot.

Does it show the same info as first? ipaddress 10.211.55.3, netmask 255.255.255.0, default gateway 10.211.55.1 ?

Could you please send a problem report and post here the number.

additionally, please try (in the same place where you were doing the ipconfig) next three commands and post here the output:

ping 10.211.55.2
    ping 10.211.55.1
    ping www.google.com

4. bbbullock

bbbullock Junior Member

Eric,

I have opened a Problem Report (Ticket 622207).

Also, attached is a screen shot of tonight's ipconfig /all and the pings you asked me to execute. The screen shot you could not discern from last night's posting does indeed show what you expected above.

Anything else you'd like me to do?

Brian

Attached Files:

5. bbbullock

bbbullock Junior Member

One other note...in the Mac status bar (top of screen) I'm getting 9 Windows network icons displaying! I have a screen shot from the Mac OS, but it is > 1mb so am not able to upload it to post here.