Network Problem with Parallels

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by SkipNewarkDE, Jun 3, 2006.

1. SkipNewarkDE

SkipNewarkDE Junior Member

I am running Parallels Desktop on a MacBook Pro. This problem I am having has been present in all versions of the software but it seems worse in this version. I have the network adaptor set to Bridged Ethernet, Default Adaptor. I am connecting to the internet via Airport.

I had used my Windows XP VM last night, then put the laptop to sleep. This morning, I was unable to connect to the internet in the Windows VM. I restarted the XP VM. Still can't connect. I shut down the VM, and then opened the network connection preference and set it to Airport explicitly. Restarted VM. Still no go.

This is always flakey. I don't know if this is a Parallels problem or a Windows problem.

I have also had problems with moving the laptop from one network to another. I am plugged directly into a network at work, get Parallels running fine. I sleep the computer. At home I am on an Airport network. OS X switches fine. To get Parallels to switch, when I am using XP, I have to reset XP, and sometimes this doesn't even work... I have to stop the VM, quit the application, and try again. It doesn't always work, I have tried this about five times now this morning and can't get XP to connect.

2. veggiedude

veggiedude Hunter

3. SkipNewarkDE

SkipNewarkDE Junior Member

Yeah it doesn't help. The thing has an issue if you sleep a machine connected to airport. Quitting Parallels and restarting it, and then restarting the VM doesn't help this. I think it is something wrong with the network adaptor that Parallels installs.