New Macbook Pro Oct 2008 & USB Not Working

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by essay182, Oct 25, 2008.

1. essay182

essay182 Bit poster

I can't get any external devices to work via USB on my new Macbook Pro (late 2008 edition). Even a simple USB thumb drive won't show up in Windows XP SP3 when the device is checked in the Parallels Device menu.

Is this a known issue? I also tried XP with just SP2 and it didn't work either.

I'm running the latest Parallels version, 5608.

2. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

Remove USB controller 1 from VM configurations, restart Windows , shutdown again, and add USB Controller back to VM configuration

3. essay182

essay182 Bit poster

Didn't work. USB devices still don't show up or work.

4. jbuecker

jbuecker Bit poster

Add me to the list...... Certain USB Devices are working, such as USB Drives, but for a particular USB Security dongle (Which Worked in build 5608 on the prior model of macbook pro) it does not work on the NEW Late 2008 Edition of MacBook Pro. -- Any other ideas?

5. John@Parallels

Create ticket in support providing details about device as manufacturer and device URL

6. MugsyMD

MugsyMD Member

I have had a problem too

I have the NEW OCT 08 Macbook Pro and I can NOT get activesync to work with my sprint Mogul - HELP. I have opened up a ticket - but still not working. I have tried EVERYTHING thus far in every forum here in Parallels, and elsewhere on the web. Any suggestions - PLEASE HELP!!!! Also, when I go to the Menu and look at Devices and then USB - WHAT SHOULD I BE LOOKING FOR - there does NOT seem to be USB devices listed - I Have RNDIS, keyboard, etc - but nothing that looks like "USB port". When I check devices within win xp pro SP3 - I do note that windows is recognizing the USB ports. HELP, again!!!

7. John@Parallels

Devices - USB

8. MugsyMD

MugsyMD Member

I got that - DEVICES-->USB---> but after that there are about 5 to 6 choices - but no choice for USB port - but stuff like keyboard / trackball, RNDIS, etc...... Bottom line, I can NOT get activesync to work because it does not seem to recognize my Sprint Mogul. Help!

9. John@Parallels

May be it is shown as USB storage device/

10. MugsyMD

MugsyMD Member

There is nothing REMOTELY noted as USB Storage, USB port, or anything like that - HOWEVER, like I said before, when you go to WIN XP and look up devices - USB is clearly identified. So, my device is clearly not being recognized. HELP

11. John@Parallels

Try every one except Apple, it is hard to guess what is your device

12. MugsyMD

MugsyMD Member

Thanks John - I will try this afternoon after I am finished seeing patients.

13. MugsyMD

MugsyMD Member

I tried to check each one of the "USB" devices separately - NOTHING worked. So, what is going on - anyone working on this.

14. John@Parallels

It is RNDIS or something
    Check it

15. MugsyMD

MugsyMD Member

Checked RNDIS

I put a check in front of the RNDIS - and still NOTHING??? Weird, huh? Still need help. I assume that a "check" in front of ....RNDIS means that I want THAT "active" - true?

Thanks, Brad

16. John@Parallels

Yes, it is correct,
    What about to install Active Sync?

17. MugsyMD

MugsyMD Member

John,

Still no luck - I tried to Uninstall active sync, and then tried to re-install (being trying version activesync 4.5). Anysuggestions about another version of active sync? Still, pretty much upset about not being able to sync my mogul phone under parallels. I even uninstalled Missing sync to see if that was conflicting - it wasn't. Is there something about the "new" macbook pro? Also, any other suggestions?

18. John@Parallels

Did you create ticket in support, if not please create and provide details, developers will try to check it.
    Also, I suggest to create new VM, and check it there

19. DGoldman

DGoldman Bit poster

Add me to this list. When I migrated to an Oct 2008 MBP, my USB stopped working as well. HELP!!!

20. John@Parallels

See my post above