New version

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by txaggie, Mar 21, 2007.

1. txaggie

txaggie Bit poster

I have instaled the newly released update. Coherence mode for XP works as
    advertised and is really neat. However there are problems. First my Linspire
    VM no longer will work. It gets thru setup after account login and the VM dies
    when it tries to launch the VM window. In XP the B onjour print setup initially sees
    my remote printers but after a few seconds they disappear and one can not
    complete a setup for printing. One other oddity is similar in that iTunes remote
    files appear then disappear like the Bonjour printer issue. If one manually via itunes
    file tool selects the remote music files they work fine. Any body else have these issues.
    I know of another instance. Parallels support never answers bug reports in their
    3 day period or at all.

2. Hugh Watkins

Hugh Watkins Forum Maven

Linux in Linspire distribution freezes

Bug reports never get answered because they are statements not enquiries

I don't know what Linspire is
    google says
    "Linspire is a full-featured operating system like Microsoft Windows XP or Apple Mac OSX."

try and ask one question at a time

and state which versions you're talking about please

pick an informative subject line too

I have seen a lot of "new versions" since June 2006

Linux in Linspire distribution freezes looks like your number one problem
    please help the OP folks

meanwhile you must help the volunteers to help you

what machine?
    which OSs and version numbers?
    which build Parallels?

are the basics another volunteer will need

Hugh W

3. dkossman

dkossman Junior Member

same problem - bonjour printers disappear

I have the same problem - all three of my *remote* printers (attached to another Mac) are initially listed by Bonjour in my WinXP vm, but they disappear after a few seconds. I tried turning on printer sharing on the Mac running Parallels, but it made no difference and anyway it said "no printers to share") which makes sense because the printers are on another machine. (Obviously) printer sharing on the Mac hosting the printers is turned on (as is file sharing).

I can print to these printers from OS X from both Macs (the one running Parallels and the one that hosts the printers) as well as from another PC.

Running the latest build of Parallels (3188, i believe) on an intel Mac Mini 1.83 running latest OS X 10.4.9 patches with 1Gb memory. remote Mac hosting printers is also running latest OS X 10.4.9. VM in Parallels is WinXP/SP2 with latest patches.

4. Purplish

Purplish Forum Maven

Have you checked your Windows Firewall? Maybe turn it off and see if it makes a difference.