Newbie Transporter Question

Discussion in 'Parallels Transporter' started by MizzouTiger, Jul 12, 2008.

1. MizzouTiger

MizzouTiger Junior Member

Trying to migrate my Windows XP PC onto my new MBPro. I have started Transporter on the Mac and Transporter/Transporter Agent on the PC. Have both machines connected via ethernet to my router. Right now, the PC is showing "Migration in Process" at about 4% (seems to be taking quite a while). On the Mac, I am showing the "Migration Source" screen and the PC is showing up with the correct IP address. When I select the PC as the source and click continue, I get a message that says "An error occurred while Parallels Transporter was collecting information about the source computer. Make sure Parallels Transporter Agent is running and is not involved in another migration process." Does this mean that I have to wait until the "Migration in Process" on the PC completes at 100% before selecting the source computer, or is there another problem?

2. MizzouTiger

MizzouTiger Junior Member

Okay, I think I have it figured out now. I only need to run Parallels Transporter Agent on the source computer (PC) and Parallels Transporter on the host computer (Mac). It looks like it's actually migrating now. Just have to wait and see how long it takes.

By the way, after the migration process is complete and the virtual machine is created, can you go into the Windows Virtual Machine and uninstall programs that you don't want?

3. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

Yes, it is the same Machine , with changed hardware.

4. mandee

mandee Bit poster

Help, please!

I just installed everything and I am encountering the same problem as MizzouTiger. What can I do to fix this?

5. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven