No Network Connection over bridged wifi when outside of home wifi network

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by JonS6, Feb 14, 2018.

1. JonS6

JonS6 Bit poster

I can't connect windows running on parallels on my MacBook Pro via a bridged wifi network connection when I'm outside of my home wifi network. At home it works fine with no connection issues. Once I leave my home wifi network. I can't get an internet connection on windows side via a wifi bridged network. I have no issues with wifi internet on the Mac side of the Macbook when outside of my home network. However, if I connect an ethernet cable over thunderbolt to my Macbook and bridge that connection to windows, everything works fine (when outside of home network). The issue seems limited to wifi bridged connections when outside of my home network.

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @JonS6 , please try changing the Network mode to Default Adapter > Bridge ( Even if you are connected through Wifi) and check if that works. If that doesn't work, please try to connect to a different network and let us know if that works.

3. JonS6

JonS6 Bit poster

Thank you for the reply. I have tried the default adapter with the same results. I have also tried all the modes under the Bridged Network section as well as Shared Network. None seem to allow a connection.

4. PatrickC5

PatrickC5 Bit poster

Hi @JonS6 , take a look at Article ID: 117191.

Maybe the access point is not allowing two physical machine to connect to the same Wi-Fi. I have that issue at work currently trying to fix it (not done yet, just found out about it today). Although the Shared Network worked for me by using Parallels to assign my VM an IP address (enabled IPv4 DHCP).