No network driver

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by BenfromBrook, Jul 18, 2009.

1. BenfromBrook

BenfromBrook Junior Member

I'm running XP (all updates) under Leopard (all updates) Parallels 3, build 5638. My internet has ceased working in the VM. Following some other troubleshooting suggestions I've seen, I've changed through all the modes (share, bridged, etc.) and various other things, without success.

I reinstalled Parallels Tools after I opened it up, looked at "Network Driver" and saw that it said, "Your virtual machine configuration does not include network adaptor." It's supposed to install automatically, but it appears not to be there at all. When I close down the VM and look at the Network, advanced, I have a MACadress and the Realtek driver, but not whatever the "default" driver is supposed to be. There's no option to change back to anything else.

Any help?

2. John Allred

John Allred Bit poster

One more thing to try

Hey Ben,

My internet is working (finally), and I also only have the Realtek option (which I suspect IS the default). After a week of dealing with this mess I still don't know enough to have an answer for you. I can only tell you what worked for me.

I assume you've tried an un-install and re-install of Parallel Tools again. If not, I would. If you get the network adapter going and still don't have internet, check to make sure your Internet Explorer is not set to "Work Offline". Mine somehow got set that way automatically. I unchecked it, and a week of hell was over, just like that.

Good luck. I can relate.

-John