No right-click on Logitech MX1000 mouse (Build 3106)

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by FamousPete, Jan 8, 2007.

1. FamousPete

FamousPete Junior Member

I'm using a Logitech MX1000 wireless USB mouse in a Windows XP VM. I have the latest Logitech drivers installed in OS X, and all buttons work fine while in OS X. In the Parallels XP VM, only the left-click works. When I click the right mouse button, it sends a left-click to the VM. None of the other buttons work at all. I need at least the right-click to work, and having the other buttons would be a nice bonus.

Any help you can offer is appreciated.

MacBook Pro 1.83 GHz, OS X 10.4.8
    Parallels Build 3106

2. harryc

harryc Member

3. jwjohnson99

jwjohnson99 Member

In the Logitech OS X control center set the Right Click to be Button #2. I've done this with my MX400 and it works fine in both OS X and XP in Parallels.

4. Nekojin

Nekojin Junior Member

re

I had simular problems with my Logitech G5. I installed then USB Overdrive and it works fine.

I can even customize the Speed buttons (I used speed up for Copy and speed down for Past)

5. FamousPete

FamousPete Junior Member

Set the Right Click to be Button #2 in Logitech OS X control center

That was indeed the solution! (How could it have been that simple, and why was that not the default setting?!)

Many thanks!

6. lithe951

lithe951 Member

I second USB Overdrive, works great. For some reason the LCC won't see my mouse at all and insists no Logitech devices are connected. Probably because it's a combo wireless keyboard/mouse and is really a Windows keyboard.

But once I got USB Overdrive installed for the mouse and DoubleCommand installed for the keyboard, this setup rocks!

Mark