Nortel VPN..Is it possible?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by scamp, May 2, 2006.

1. scamp

scamp Junior Member

I was wondering if it is possible to use a VPN client inside the guest os (WinXP)...

I've tried, though I have been unable to establish a connection....I'm not even sure if its possible to do since there is some magic being done to bridge the network and all....

Currently there is no VPN client for my Intel Mac, so I was hoping this may be a possiblitiy....

Thx!!

-S

2. daj

daj Member

I certainly use the WinXP built in VPN to connect to our Cisco VPN so even although there is some magic happening in the Virtual Machine, it seems to work

3. Mark

Mark Member

It works fine for me. The only problem I have is that want to have my data reside on my Mac and the Shared Folders aren't working very well.

Mark

4. dailo

dailo Member

Works fine for me as well.

5. scamp

scamp Junior Member

Any idea how to debug why this doesn't work for me?

Maybe its the Nortel Client specifically....I'm not sure, but I'd really like this to work...

Thx!

6. scamp

scamp Junior Member

Could this have something to do with NAT? Nortel's help section for connection problems implies I could have an issue like this due to NAT and that the VPN switch cannot communicate with the client (my XP guest OS running the Nortel Client)

Any thoughts on this?