Not getting it to work remotely (outside a home network)

Discussion in 'Accessing your PC' started by MartyE, Sep 3, 2013.

1. MartyE

MartyE Bit poster

I set up parallels access this past weekend and on my home network I was able to use it as advertised. But when I left home this morning, went to work and attempted to open my remote computer on my Ipad it just wouldn't happen. The message I continually got was "Connection Failed - Failed to connect to the remote computer". The fix suggested has to do with changing passwords but since I'm away from the remote computer I can't do anything like that until I get home anyway. But now I'm home and without doing anything at all my Ipad connects just fine to my home computer. But using parallels access at home is worthless as I want to be able to access this computer from outside my own network. I'm not a technical person so I'd love some straightforward user friendly advice.
    thanks,

2. Shamsaddin

Shamsaddin Bit poster

I have exactly the same problem. Any advice will be appreciated .

3. MartyE

MartyE Bit poster

I think but haven't confirmed that my work network has something blocked. I need to talk to my tech support there.

4. ippo_boston

ippo_boston Bit poster

I have had the same experience. In particular, I cannot log in to my Parallels account from the client on my pc. Is that what you are experiencing?

5. MartyE

MartyE Bit poster

I am experiencing that and after speaking with our IT section I don't think I can get around it. So, I'd need to use Access for locations outside of my current work environment. I'll have to decide if the app will have enough value to pay for it after the trial period.