Noticing a slight delay bringing window forward

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by sharkez, Jan 27, 2008.

1. sharkez

sharkez Member

I am noticing a slight delay when running Coherence upon bringing a window forward--that is when I activate a window by clicking in it. This delay is perhaps .5 sec but is noticeable when compared to running in single window or full screen mode. It is also noticeably different than VMWare Fusion in Unity mode (running exactly the same image.) It may even be worse with a larger (30") monitor in coherence vs a smaller (15").

Has anyone else noticed this?

Environment:
    MBP C2D 2.33 OS 10.4.11 Running 5584 w/o multiple monitor enabled.

2. sharkez

sharkez Member

More info:
    This seems to be most pronounced when I'm running Outlook 2003. Also, I am running Parallels on my external monitor (30") without multiple monitors implemented. I notice tremendous disk thrashing (caching?) when moving between Mac windows and the Parallels windows (as noted: in coherence) on that external monitor. And ~.5 sec delay in activation of the window I click on/in.

RAM = 756MB and Video ram = recommended 16BM

3. Alicia

Alicia Parallels Team

Hello,

have you tried to alocate a recommended amount of RAM (512 mb) to your VM? Please, try to reset and check and write me back.