Number Pad Enter Key still inoperable

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Uly-sses, Nov 19, 2006.

1. Uly-sses

Uly-sses Member

Hi,

I'm running build 1970 on my MacBook and have had very few problems.

However, one nagging annoyance was the fact that the enter(return?) key to the right of the number keypad on my Apple wireless keyboard was not recognised. I'm sure I read somewhere that this would be corrected with build 1970.

However, the key is still not recognised after updating to 1970?

Can someone advise me if it should now have return/enter functionality, and if so, what could be causing it not to work on my machine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know it might seem like a small thing, but I'm a keyboard geek and hate having to adjust my keying when using my home machine.

Many thanks,

Jason

2. ajay

ajay Hunter

I don't know the answer to your problem, but I am running a Mac mini with the Apple wireless keyboard (bluetooth) and I just tried the enter key from the numeric keypad and it works as it should. As well, I'm running build 1970.

I assume your numeric keypad works except for the enter key. Otherwise I would suggest that you depress the "clear" key to engage numlock.

Sorry I wasn't of more help.

3. Tom C

Tom C Bit poster

I am running the 1970 build of Parallels on a new IMac and I have no fuctionality of any of the numberpad on the Apple Wireless keyboard in Win XP. Any luck in getting yours to work

Tom C

4. tomservo291

tomservo291 Member

Get a keyboard remapper...

"KeyTweak" is a free one that works well.

5. Uly-sses

Uly-sses Member

Tom C - have you tried the 'clear; key which equates to the number lock - the one above 7. If the numberpad won't work after that than I can't think what could be wrong.

Oh...and no, my 'enter' key still doesn't work :-(

Cheers

Jason

6. Ajaf

Ajaf Bit poster

Keypad inoperateable in PC mode

Any ideas why my Key Pad is inoperateable whhile in PC mode?

7. RichB

RichB Junior Member

In 3150 keyboard preferences change the Custom button from "Enter" by clicking it to highlight and then tapping the enter key to the right of the right apple key. Then it shows the key as "Num Enter." The Alt+Num Enter keystroke toggles full screen display fine on my MacBook Pro.