OK I'm confused

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Fortune500, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Fortune500

Fortune500 Member

Just got a macBook Transfered all my files from the desktop and Parallels works just fine.

But here's a question. Since 2 of us are using the laptop we set up another user just so we could have our own workspace. When the second user gained access to his side of the OS on the Macbook Parallels asked for which OS i would be installing and then asked for a the CD key. In other words parallels didn't open the Parallels desktop on the second users side of the Mac. It acted like it the guest OS wasn't even there.

So what did i do? Well i went ahead and started loading Windows XP professional and it loaded up to a point and said it had trouble loading files so I quit the installation expecting that the application wasn't installed.

What do I find? It appears Windows was partially installed so now Parallels desktop starts up and windows starts up but then stalls when I left off. So I'm stuck with a partially loaded Windows application that starts up and goes no-where.

So if i remove the virtual machine that will not load completely; will it remove and or alter files on the primary side of the MacBook.

2. Sonderpa

Sonderpa Member

3. Fortune500

Fortune500 Member

Thanks for the link. Will give it a try.