one hdd with two letters

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ehanan, Nov 16, 2007.

1. ehanan

ehanan Bit poster

Dear Friends,

I have Paralles 5160 from 2 weeks ago, i was a pc user and a mac lover, so i buy a new macbook pro and parallels. my pc have a 150 hard drive with 3 particions (C,D,G) so i buy an external drive iomega and I use the transporter for the job, and everything was perfect, i have only one virdual disk and when i boot my pc i have my 3 partitions, all is in the iomega drive

my problem is that that all the times i need to connect the usb external drive to use my pc, can i make my c partition in a separate hdd so i move to my mac hard drive and I can boot my pc without conecting my external drive?
    And what will be the behavior of having 2 hdd files?

Thanks

Elias

2. Alicia

Alicia Parallels Team

Hello,

phisically, do you have 3 separate .hdd files on your external drive?

Best regards,
    Alicia.

3. ehanan

ehanan Bit poster

More Info

I have all my pc that had (3 partitions - Letters) in one hdd in my mac, when I boot my parallels I have the 3 letters with only one hdd

Sorry if my English is not to good

Elias

4. Alicia

Alicia Parallels Team

Hello,

it seems that you can't do that using Parallels. Perhaps it's possible with some exterior software to make a copy of only one partition.

Best regards,
    Alicia.

5. ehanan

ehanan Bit poster

How to ...

Thanks Alicia,

Do you know what Application can do this? But it seems to be a Pararralels problem becouse what i need to do is to split my hdd file in 3 separate hdd one fo each partition or I'm Wrong?

Thanks

Elias

6. Alicia

Alicia Parallels Team

Hello,

I suppose Acronis True Image can do this.

Best regards,
    Alicia.