Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Windows Guest OS Discussion' started by larryp1, Apr 1, 2016.
I have never received a fix to this issue. VERY FRUSTRATING!
I have this same problem. It has something to do with Parallels and the network. If you put Outlook in 'work offline mode' for a bit and then back online, it will be stable (not responding issue not happening) ...until it's not. Sometimes, I can get it stable for eight hours and sometimes for 2 minutes...
So Frustrating....does anyone have a solution before I switch to Fusion
Any resolution for this issue? We are experiencing the same thing.
Hi @JamieH3 there might be an issue with the corrupted .DAT file. To fix the issue, please follow the steps mentioned below:
* Click on Start > All Programs > Accessories > Run copy and paste the following command line and press Enter
* If you are able to work in Outlook safe then try renaming the .dat files and check if this helps
1. Outlook has the .DAT files that it uses in order to keep Outlook operating smoothly. Try deleting these files (you might not find all the files) and check if this helps.
2. Outcmd.dat Location: C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook
3. Frmcache.dat Location: C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook
4. Extend.dat Location: C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook
I was able to resolve the issue by 'burning down the house'. Deleted the Parallels app, delete the VM and started over. I noticed that before I did this I would be able to have a limited level of stability if I (a) ran the program as administrator or (b) frequently, toggled the work offline mode. Since wiping out the VM & program I have been stable.
BTW - Parallels support was a total disgrace. Having been a user for over 10 years, I've never seen such poor service. I spent an hour on the phone while they reviewed my system, after they were able to consistently replicate the problem, they said they were taking the issue to their developers and would be back to me in a day or two. Six weeks later and many emails requests on my part.......no responses from Parallels....nothing...crickets. Beyond frustrating. My office is changing to Fusion because they actually have a support team and now I see why.
No fix / No response from Parallels. The only way for me to use Outlook is to uncheck Cached mode and NOT use Dynamics CRM. Very frustrating,.
I got the same problem for years and found no way to solve it, actually i've upgraded Windows from 7 to 10 including Outlook 2010-2013 as well as several versions of Parallel Desktop.
I found the root cause is the guest Windows cannot resolve the internal IP of Exchange/OWA server through internal DNS servers while VPN established by Windows, even I specified the internal DNS for VPN connection. And our company blocks the internet access for VPN users, therefore, the Outlook cannot connect to the Exchange/OWA server.
I don't know this problem is caused by Parallels or Windows, however, this issue has made me consider whether continue the annual subscription or not, really frustrated .......
Finally, I found the solution by myself. Simply uncheck the IPv6 items in NIC setting.
Hi @JamesL13, that's great! We love to have a fan like you! Thanks for sharing the information.
I have very recently re-installed my VM after a botched upgrade to Windows 10 (Cisco VPN client totally bricked my networking and downgrade didn't fix it....)
I've gone back to Windows 7 with Outlook 2016. I have IPV6 disabled and I have the EXACT same issue. It's unbelievable. Constant hanging of Outlook 2016, only Outlook no other app. Stops responding for long periods then comes back. It is literally the only reason I am using Windows and Parallels on my Mac in the first place.
tried the solutions. And it worked well with me.
Thankyou guys for all the information you shared
Having this problem on Parallels Version 14.0.1 with Outlook 2013 and and 2016. Upgraded Outlook 2013 hoping the problem would go away, but sadly not.
Running OSX High Sierra i7 MAC with 8GB RAM. Parallels version 14.0.1 running Windows 7 Pro. Outlook just keeps not responding when attempting to send emails. It is not consistent, but happens often enough to be a pain. Having everything bang up to date I thought might fix the issue. Outlook is fully patched, Windows 7 is fully Patched and Parallels is the latest version. I have disabled IPV6 under network adapter as rumour has it that might help, but still an issue.
If you are using HP printer and willing to do the wireless setup, then just go through the below mentioned solution. Here we have mentioned effectual steps to do HP printer wireless setup effectively.
· In the control panel of printer, search for Wi-Fi option.
· Click on the Wi-Fi direct option and now go into settings.
· Activate Wi-Fi on your printer.
· Check internet connectivity.
· Open HP printer software, post clicking on Tools option, open device setup software.
· Connect a new device by click on this option.
· As we want to do wireless setup, click on open device setup software.
· For other setup procedures visit 123.hp.com/setup.
By following above mentioned steps, you can effectively setup the HP printer, If problem persists, call on our toll-free number 833-556-1555.