Parallel Access - how does it work?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by KevinZ1, Apr 5, 2016.

1. KevinZ1

KevinZ1 Bit poster

Is the Parallels Access setup a client - server? Does the Access software you load in the toolbar actually connect back to a server somewhere, and then another client connects to that server? I'm trying to ascertain some information about the security posture of a machine that has the Parallels Access installed on it (and showing up on my list of computers), and to learn if any of the data (screen graphics when I connect) on that machine is actually passing through a server somewhere, or if it is truly a point-to-point connection between me on the machine wanted to gain remote access, and the machine on which I am gaining remote access? For example, where does Parallels store the list of valid users for a machine? Why do I log in twice ? Once to access the machine and get me to the list of users again, and once to get into the locked machine?
    Does Parallels store that info anywhere?
    If I have company proprietary data on my machine, I want to make sure it is in no different security posture now that I have installed Parallels Access on it.
    Where can I read about how Parallels Access "works" with respect to IT Security?

Thank you

2. Raj@Parallels

Raj@Parallels Guest

Hi @KevinZ1,
    To know more about Parallels Access connection security details, please click here