Parallels 18 on Sonoma

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by plop12, Sep 19, 2023.

1. plop12

plop12 Bit poster

Hello,
    I've seen that Parallels 19 has been released with support for Mac OS Sonoma as the primary/host OS.
    But I'm unclear about whether Parallels 18 also supports Mac OS Sonoma as the primary/host OS? I have a licence valid for 18 only and I'm wondering if I can upgrade my Mac to the newest OS.
    Thank you

2. Aries@PF

Aries@PF Hunter

I don't see why you couldn't as I'm pretty sure that people are running v18 on Ventura (what came out when 18 did I believe).

3. JulianH10

JulianH10 Bit poster

I have upgraded my M1 Mac Studio to Sonoma and while parallels 18 works popups and dialogs in coherence mode for windows 11 VM do not come to the front. Clicking the icon for that VM in the dock brings them to the front and while annoying it works...

The biggest annoyance is drop downs in Outlook email address lookup and in edge when a field drops down with choices as those often go away when they lose focus. 69.99 is a LOT to pay for resolving an annoyance... perhaps there are other things I will come across that can justify that cost but not this alone.

I hope this helps with your decision!

4. JimC15

JimC15 Bit poster

I have the same issue on my Intel Mac running Sonoma and Windows 10 while in Coherence Mode. When I exit Coherence Mode, it doesn't happen. Support suggested I upgrade to Parallels 19 but didn't offer any other support.

5. Pramesh Boodadoo

Pramesh Boodadoo Staff Member

Hello,
    For us to further investigate this issue, kindly reproduce the issue and collect a technical report (right-click Parallels icon in Dock > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and provide us with the report's 9-digit ID in reply to this post.
    Thank you.

6. Pramesh Boodadoo

Pramesh Boodadoo Staff Member

Hello,
    Please note, we have reopened your case for further investigation. We shall contact you via your email.
    Thank you.

7. Mikhail Ushakov

Mikhail Ushakov Parallels Team

Hello!
    Parallels Desktop 18 isn't fully compatible with macOS Sonoma: https://kb.parallels.com/114381. To ensure a smooth work of Parallels Desktop on macOS Sonoma, we advise you to install Parallels Desktop 19.

8. IvanZ5

IvanZ5

Hi:
    I am using Parallels 18. After upgrading my Mac to Sonoma I have a problem with Parallels. After leaving my computer idle for awhile Windows 10 goes into Suspend mode and there appears to be no way to get it out of this mode other than rebooting my Mac. Any solutions would be appreciated.

9. TufikC

TufikC

Yes, but this should be a bug fix, we are not talking about new features, even in the link show that Parallels 18 is not in the End-of-Live list... Why they will not fix this bug?

10. GerhardG2

GerhardG2 Member

popups and dialogs in coherence mode for windows 11 VM do not come to the front.
    I just ran into the same problem with 18.3.2 and Sonoma 14.4.1.
    I also feel that this is a bug that should be fixed, rather than forcing me to upgrade to P19.
    I can send a report if you need one.