Parallels 2.5 and Leopard 10.5.6?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Kupe, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Kupe

Kupe Member

Hey gang-

Longtime Parallels user, but still running good old rock-solid version 2.5 build 3214 with Win XP under Tiger 10.4.11. (Yes, yes, I know, but there's a reason my system is rock-solid!) ;)

Anyhow, finally making the plunge into Leopard and wanting to find out if anyone is satisfactorily running 2.5 build 3214 under Leopard 10.5.6? How about 2.5 build 3224 (the "Leopard build") and 10.5.6?

Thanks gang!

Kupe

2. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

3224 is recommended for Leopard

3. pianoralph

pianoralph Junior Member

Build 3224 very slow

Hello,

Recently upgraded to Mac OSX 10.5.6 and someone on the forum very kindly sent me build 3224 to get Parallels running again. I'm finding that Parallels now takes much longer to boot and to shut down. As well, when Parallels is running, it's slow and then nothing works very well on the Mac side either. Very slow and some things don't work at all. We pretty well have to keep Parallels shut down unless we need to run a program in Windows XP.

Unfortunately, the technical terms on this forum are far above my understanding, my apologies.

Parallels was working well on the old Mac operating system 10.4.11, I think it was, and I'm ever hopeful we can get things moving again. Anyone out there able to help?