Parallels 20, what to expect

Discussion in 'Product updates and feedback' started by TimK13, Jul 9, 2024.

1. TimK13

TimK13 Member

It's around this time of year that we might start looking forward to a new version of Parallels

Any word on what might be in store for Parallels v20 when it lands?
    Incidentally, is there a beta program that is perhaps open to Pro subscribers?

2. TimK13

TimK13 Member

I've been looking specifically for a beta program but have yet to locate anything, i don't suppose you can point me in the right direction?

3. TimK13

TimK13 Member

Apologies, I clearly didn't read this properly

Checking their website or contacting support directly can provide the most current information on beta availability and upcoming features.​

4. JamieL6

JamieL6 Bit poster

Hmm. I'd be interested in beta testing too.
    Can't remember the last time I wasn't on a developer beta.

5. FilipR

FilipR Member

Still no answers from Parallels, unfortunately. It's a pity.:(

6. Max Mertens

Max Mertens Bit poster

Are they late with the Release? It's August 24th...
    The WIKI - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallels_Desktop_for_Mac - shows that in the past Years, since v10 - they were out with the Major Update by now.
    Version 9 came late on August 29th - so lets see if they come out with v20 next week...

7. TimK13

TimK13 Member

Not even a peep. I guess it could be any day now (historically releases are usually on a Monday or Tuesday) but who knows.
    If it's not going to be any time soon, it would be nice to get some visibility

8. DamienB2

DamienB2 Member

Yeah, this is really late. I hope they don't expect me to pay the yearly fee without having released a new version.

9. MTRabbit

MTRabbit Bit poster

Still no update yet...

10. FilipR

FilipR Member

We are august the 30th and there is still no new release. Fingers crossed that version 20 is well worth waiting.

FranciscoD6 likes this.
  11. DamienB2

DamienB2 Member

I'm a Pro subscriber and I have never been offered any technical previews, despite asking. I've been a Parallels user for 10 years now.
    September 2, and still no update. They tried to bill me the other day. I'm holding back payment until there is a new version released or my grace period runs out. If still no new version by then, I'll just import into VMware and not renew at all I think, since VMware is free now.

FranciscoD6 likes this.
  12. TimK13

TimK13 Member

It seems there is definitely a beta program, but it appears to be closed to the general public or otherwise by invitation only.

I guess we just wait in the dark for whatever comes out of the woodwork. Some type of communication in this respect would be helpful

FranciscoD6 likes this.