Parallels 4.0 Keyboard Mapping & other problems

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by gjlazar, Mar 24, 2009.

1. gjlazar

gjlazar Member

Since installing Parallels 4.0.381 I am having a host of keyboard problems. Yesterday when I started Parallels, the keyboard would not respond at all. After consulting the forum, I got it working but... None of the keyboard shortcuts work properly or at all. Some times they work once or twice then stop. For instance the keys to switch to full screen and back. Once I go to fulll screen I cant get the Parallels tool bar back. In addition certain software i run no longer functions properly like Jasc Studio. I have used Parallels for over three years and this is the first time ever I have had problems. This 4.0 version is forcing me to consider alternative solutions to running Windows on the Mac. When windows starts I no longer get the familiar windows desktop with icons just a start button and task bar. Almost eery time I start, the display settings are messed up and I have to go to the control panel and reset them. If the situations I describe are not normal, what is the best way to overhaul my installation and try to get back on a solid footing.