Parallels 4 - 3810 is working (at last)

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by mkstevo, Jan 9, 2009.

1. mkstevo

mkstevo Member

I have finally got a copy of Parallels 4 that is working for me.

I originally upgraded (for free, thank goodness, following my fairly recent upgrade from v2-v3) when P4 was first released but could never get it to work, each time returning to v3, later releases did work progressively better, but never correctly.

Build 3810 is however working correctly. After all my muttering and moaning about the problems in earlier releases I thought I ought to report on my success.

I did still have a problem with Coherence not working, this also prevented the Host resolution from adjusting itself to match the window size , leaving black bars around the Host display if the window was made larger. I found that when I looked in the Host (Windows XP) Control Panel\System\Hardware that there were exclamation marks against the Intel AGP and PCI bridge entries, I deleted those, then scanned for changes and after the drivers for these were found from my Windows XP install disk, I rebooted and the Parallels Video 'card' was detected, the drivers were loaded and Coherence then worked, along with the Host resolution adjusting itself as the window is re-sized.

I have found that Delphi 6 (Professional) seems to get upset on occasions when trying to do a copy/paste operation, I have turned off the 'Shared Clipboard' in Parallels and that does seem to have cured that, otherwise build 3810 appears to be working correctly. It just seems a shame it took this long...