parallels 4 and W7 64 bit - cannot install it

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by darshie76, Jan 4, 2010.

1. darshie76

darshie76 Bit poster

Hi there

before contacting support, i hope that someone knows how to fix this issue.....

I ahve W7 ultimate 64 bit, and i wanna install it on my P4 running on mac pro 1.1

The same version but in 32 bit works fine, installs fine, but the 64 bit version stops when it should detect the drives where to install the software, and ask for drivers; if i click cancel, then it will not find any suitable drive to install itself (even if i installed w7 ultimate 32 bit earlier on the same disk image, so it should at least find that there is another os on the drive).

I am clueless about why it ask for drivers....any clue? i see many of you that were successfully able to install w7 64 on p4...could you please tell me how did you found the right drivers?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. I-che

I-che Pro

3. darshie76

darshie76 Bit poster

i-che

I exlude that the problem is the mac; i have a mac pro quad xeon (2 processor dual core each, total of 4 cores) 64 bit (otherwise snow leopard would not run either), with 8 Gb of ram and 4 Tb of disk space.

I still don't get what these drivers that Windows ask me to install are needed for...does parallels needs drivers to support the virtual image drivers under windows?