Parallels 5 losing USB connection to Blackberry Storm

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by pkasin, Nov 16, 2009.

1. pkasin

pkasin Bit poster

I have a problem with maintaining connection to my Blackberry Storm with Parallels 5 with my WinXP guest. Although it connects fine, when using Desktop Manager or Loader, it disconnects and even reboots my Blackberry. It doesn't do this with Windows.

I am not sure if this is a Parallels or Blackberry problem, but my Windows PC doesn't do this. Also my VMware Fusion WinXP VM doesn't do this, so I think it is some compatibility issue with Parallels. I want to only use Parallels and get rid of Fusion, but I can not due to this issue.

My specs:

MacBook Pro 3.06ghz/8gb ram/OS X 10.6.2 using 4gb ram setting in Parallels.

2. Alexander Haltman

Alexander Haltman Parallels Developers

hi, pkasin.

Please, do the following:

1. Select checkbox Parallels Desktop -> Preferences -> General -> Use detailed log messages
    2. Reproduce the issue:
    - connect your usb-device to virtual machine and try to work with it.
    3. Make a problem report:
    - go to menu Help and click Problem Report...
    - fill in the details in a window that opens (details about device malfunction, exect model of your device or url to device description, softaware which you use to work with this device)
    - wait for report submission to complete (you'll get a notice with your report ID)
    4. Post report ID here
    5. Remove back "Use detailed log messages"

3. beta_mitch

beta_mitch Bit poster

I'm having the same problem, and actually trying to submit a problem report, and it gets all the way to the and and tells me that there's a problem submitting - any suggestions?

4. beta_mitch

beta_mitch Bit poster

I'm trying to post a Report, but it's not letting me, is there a log I can look at to see what the problem on submittal is?

5. SunboX

SunboX Bit poster

Same Problem here with Parallels 9, Max OS 10.9.1 and BlackBerry Z10 ... I've send a report, the report ID is 36029243

pls help!
    André