Parallels Access No Longer Will Display WinXP Pro Desktop

Discussion in 'Accessing your PC' started by RalphE1, Sep 22, 2016.

1. RalphE1

RalphE1 Bit poster

Had some sort of power distruption that trashed a variety of machines. Got everything working except no being able to see the desktop on a Win XP Pro machine when connected. That installation is also unable to generate a complete list if "files" to that machine. All my other Access installations are working properly. The latest Access client is installed. I don't see any error messages.

Anyone have suggestions to fix this?

TIA,
    Ralph

2. RalphE1

RalphE1 Bit poster

I just noticed that the Parallels Access app has appended a semicolon to the name of the XP Pro machine. I have confirmed that the netbios namenofbthe machine has not changed in its settings - no semicolon.

Probably should mention that there does not appear to be a master browser on the LAN and that I noticed this around the time that the Acess problems started. I've invested quite a l9t of time checking settings on my machines and running various tests, rebooting the router,, etc., etc, without being able to force a master. All the fie sharing stuff works but none of the Windows machine can browse the WORKGROUP (2000 Pro, XP Pro and Home, Vista Ultimate 64).

3. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello Ralph. From which device are you accessing the Windows XP PC?
    Please take a screenshot of this and reply with the same.

4. RalphE1

RalphE1 Bit poster

You're responding to a three-month old post. I gave up on this issue after being told by another parallels rep in another thread that WinXP was longer supported by Access. I am using RealVNC for remote access on all but one of my machines, a PowerBook Pro running Sierra. There is apparently a "feature" of Access on this platform that prevents capital letters from being transmitted to the virtual machines. This prevents me from logging on to any VMs there. Having wasted many hours on your community forums trying get to fix this, I have given up on this issue as well.