Parallels Activation - Key already in use by another email

Discussion in 'Account and Subscription Management' started by TimP6, Nov 29, 2018.

1. TimP6

TimP6 Bit poster

Hello,
    My company's IT team has re-installed Parallels as the previous installation had a default license which has expired. My team, though, had purchased a license recently in order to use it with Parallels which we re-call not using it so far.

The problem that we have now, is that at moment of registering the license, we get the message that the license is already in use by another email address. I have checked with my manager, who requested Parallels for me, to check is account in case he has it registered, but he is getting the same message.

We have the key, which I am not posting here for obvious reasons, but can make available via direct email if needed. It is important we know which email is using the license so that we can try track the machine that is using it. Alternatively. we would like de-activated, if possible from the machine and user, currently using it.

Not sure what information you might need but please provide us an update, or at least a number (UK) that we can call to get this sorted.

Kind Regards,

2. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello TimP6, Please check our private conversation.

3. MikeBoissy

MikeBoissy Bit poster

Had a free trial subscription. Bought a full subscription and added the new key to activate. It says this is an upgrade and looking for the previous key. Is there a key code with a free trial (14 day) subscription? How would I find that?

4. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello MikeBoissy, Please check our private conversation.

5. SteffenG1

SteffenG1 Bit poster

Hello Parallels-Support,

I forgot the inital mailaddress I activated my License. I jsut created a new account, but can´t activate my software. Please re-activate my License.

Thanks

6. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello SteffenG1, Please check our private conversation.

7. TimP6

TimP6 Bit poster

Hi, I have replied to your PM but have no reply as yet.

8. RickL2

RickL2 Bit poster

I'm having a very similar issue - I installed Para on a machine, and want to move it to another. Can't de-activate the licence, as the computer it's installed on isn't logged in. Not sure what account was used to register it. Just want to move the software to another machine, have the product key etc.

9. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have replied to your private message. Please check.

10. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are unable to find any activation key with the current account details. Please reply to our private message with the activation key.

11. TimP6

TimP6 Bit poster

Thanks.

12. RickL2

RickL2 Bit poster

There is a chat for a conversation I was having with support this morning, but no new private messages regarding this issue

13. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @RickL2, please check your private message and reply with the correct email address so that we can help!

14. KuliS

KuliS Bit poster

Hello, I am currently getting the same message and cannot activate parallels, I have 2 Parallels licences which i cannot activate because i get the message "license is already in use by another email address" but the accounts I have noted down do not seem to work!

15. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello KuliS, Please check our private conversation.

16. KatrinaT

KatrinaT Bit poster

I'm also having issues moving my license key from another Mac. I cannot manually attempt to deactivate the key on the old machine as it has already been wiped and the key won't register on the new machine despite being logged into the same Parallels account as before.

17. Hey, we've reset your key, please activate and check again.

18. KatrinaT

KatrinaT Bit poster

I'm unable to activate the particular license key I'm trying to use. Could we take it to PM to confirm information?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
  19. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Please check our private message.

20. KatrinaT

KatrinaT Bit poster

Hi, I have replied to your PM but have no reply as yet.