Parallels, Blackberries and other phones.

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by drgoodtymes, Dec 1, 2007.

1. drgoodtymes

drgoodtymes Junior Member

Has anyone been able to successfully connect a blackberry device within Parallels and do anything with it? Since I have bought Parallels I have never been able to do this, I always have to reboot into my Boot Camp Partition in order to get anything to work right. I have downloaded the latest drivers for both windows and blackberry, and Parallels does see the blackberry, it asks me if I want to connect to it, I say yes, the blackberry desktop manager will see it for a second and then drop the connection. I have had no issues connecting the Blackberry using Fusion during my trial period.

The other thing that I do with this is to connect Motorola iDen handsets to the VM to load java apps to them via usb cable. This is also no dice under Parallels, V3 build 5160 and Mac Os 10.5.1, never worked under 10.4 either.

2. John@flavors

John@flavors Junior Member

Dear DR.

Welcome to the club. Parallels 4160 worked fine for a while and I could sync, then the upgrades and Leopard came and it is broken again.

Parallels has been very quiet about this since v2.5 and has never really addressed it.

I have another PC on the network that I login to sync outlook and let the berry sync with.

3. jwjohnson99

jwjohnson99 Member

I am currently running Leopard 10.5.1 along with Parallels RC 5580. I use Active Sync to sync contacts and calendar with Outlook 2007 running in Win XP and my Verizon XV6700 phone/pda. Works fine in this setup. In fact, as I've gone through the various releases up to 5160 and then the new betas it has always worked. Can't comment about 2.5 and Leopard since I upgraded to 3.0 quite a while ago.

4. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Hmm... DrGoodTymes, Interestingly enough, I never did get it fully working with BC, but rather just set things up via BC... I use a pure VM to actually have a connection.
    We are running X.4.10 and 5160.

5. clstanton01

clstanton01 Bit poster

6. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

That looks like it would probably do it.

7. drgoodtymes

drgoodtymes Junior Member

Well I tried this and it didn't work for me, but I am going to keep playing with it.

8. DesertFalcon

DesertFalcon Junior Member

I have worked all night on the problem and just came to the conclusion that it must be the VM that is not allowing my Blackberry 8900 Curve to upgrade it software. I guess I will have to use my friend WinXP computer to finish the job.

If, anyone has a fix for this please let me know.