Parallels + Boot Camp = Office 2003 Re-activation!!

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by tonyg77, Jan 9, 2007.

1. tonyg77

tonyg77 Bit poster

Has anyone found a workaround for having to re-activate MS Office 2003 when switching back and forth between Boot Camp and Parallels?

I'm running the Beta3 Build (3106)

Thanks!! - and sorry for the new thread regarding this issue!

2. joem

joem Forum Maven

FWIW, my solution is Office 2000. I don't find the newer ones a compelling upgrade. If you must use 2003, separate Parallels and bootcamp installations would work. If you need a common data area, a combination of shared folders and MacDrive may work for you.

3. aero320

aero320 Member

I had the same problem and after calling Microsoft's Activation people, I finally just purchased a download of Microsoft Office 2003 Professional for $69.95 and it works flawlessly. Just click on one of the emails you get for special OEM software and you will end up at the same website. I also puchased Microsoft Windows XP Professional, SP2 from the same site for $49.99 and it also works flawlessly. Incidentally, I own both full versions of the Microsoft software.

4. rogermh

rogermh Bit poster

Do you mind divulging which site you purchased from? I get a bunch of spam emails for OEM software but didn't think any of the sites were legit. I just bought the OEM version of XP Pro for $139 and I thought I was getting a pretty good deal. :(

5. aero320

aero320 Member

Roger:

I can't find any of the links right now, but the website will say something like "Software4Download". There is a picture of a lady wearing a Christmas hat on the site. I have clicked on at least 10 different email messages and the same website appears. I bought the OEM version of XP Pro, SP2 for $49.95. They even included a download of Nero so that I count burn the .iso file to disk. I created a new VM with Parallels and installed the XP Pro, then updated it on the Microsoft site. Everything works great! If I can find an email that links to that site I will post it.

6. aero320

aero320 Member

Roger:

I can't find any of the links right now, but the website will say something like "Software4Download". There is a picture of a lady wearing a Christmas hat on the site. I have clicked on at least 10 different email messages and the same website appears. I bought the OEM version of XP Pro, SP2 for $49.95. They even included a download of Nero so that I count burn the .iso file to disk. I created a new VM with Parallels and installed the XP Pro, then updated it on the Microsoft site. Everything works great! If I can find an email that links to that site I will post it.

Try this one:

http://dda.kukun-oem.com/?4F946E03ACD0F1DB714161E482244E3F4B8F6E09A4C6FDC1735C44A48E3957&t0

Last edited: Jan 10, 2007