Parallels crashed when installing drivers...

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by MacNo0b, Jul 22, 2007.

1. MacNo0b

MacNo0b Bit poster

Hi, I tried both newest and older version of Parallels and they both have the same problem on my macbook pro santa rosa. Everything goes smoothly until parallels installs drivers in windows xp. It always crashes. I can boot windows back on and it works fine. I am not sure if that is ok or not coz I do not want to continue with an imperfect windows.

Also, where do I access my windows-files? I can not drop the file out to Mac OSX as the way I did with parallels running on boot camp partition? I tried to look everywhere in my mac folder and I can not find my windows-files. Can someone shed some lights over this please?

Thank you for you help. Parallels definitely lives up to its claims. It runs really fast. If these problems are sorted, I will definitely buy a copy of this awesome software.

Thanks

2. Hugh Watkins

Hugh Watkins Forum Maven

Santa what ?

gogled
    "Since it uses the new Centrino Duo platform, both the 15" and 17" models come with an 800MHz front-side bus. 802.11n support is there from the get-go (instead of being available as a $1.99 update). The GPU has been changed from the ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 to an NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT—which offers DirectX 10 support for the Boot Camp- and Vista-inclined. There's also HDCP support built in, which means that lack of an HD DVD and Blu-ray drive aside, the MacBook Pro should be capable of outputting HD video over the requisite protected path. The maximum memory available has been upped from 3GB to 4GB as well."

new chip set will mean new or modified drivers
    so wait patiently

regards

Hugh W