Parallels crashing OSX

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by tcream36, Sep 14, 2007.

1. tcream36

tcream36 Bit poster

i have installed parallels with the typical installation and installed a virtual machine with the typical settings as well. i have followed the directions in the manual to install the the OS(windows xp) on the virtual machine to a T. when i try to power on parallels with the windows xp cd in my drive, OSX crashes and forces me to restart. I have tried uninstalling and changing all sorts of settings and it still crashes every time.

tay

ps if this topic has been covered please post a link to the proper thread.

2. Archy

Archy Bit poster

Hello.

Please specify:
    your Primary OS;
    your Parallels Desktop build number;
    crash type: was it Parallels bugreport or segmentation fault or kernel panic?

Provide: bugreport or segfault log or panic log.

Thank you.

3. johnv

johnv Parallels Team Parallels Team

Hello,

Please check the version and build number of Parallels. To do so please open Parallels, go to the "Parallels Desktop" menu and choose the "About" option. The build number should be either 3214 or 5160. Please upgrade Parallels to the latest build via the "Check for updates..." option under the "help" menu.

Best regards,
    John

4. tcream36

tcream36 Bit poster

its 1848.2 and i have updated and it didn't change. and im running osx tiger