Parallels Desktop 16 still won't start on macOS Big Sur Public Beta 4

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by KrzysztofO, Aug 11, 2020.

1. RickK1

RickK1 Member

Yup, I am on the latest release (I did check for updates, and it was already current - see attached), and it failed the same way again.

Attached Files:

2. Maria@Parallels

Maria@Parallels Problem solver

May we ask you for a tech report? You can start the terminal command as described here

3. RickK1

RickK1 Member

I just sent in 'another' technical report (353055640).

4. Maria@Parallels

Thanks a lot! We've forwarded your tech report to the Engineering team for the further issue investigation.
    We will update you once we get any news.
    Thank you for cooperation with us.

5. Maria@Parallels

Hi, could you please choose Apple HV at the VM configuration, then reproduce the issue and collect new tech report.
    Looking forward to your reply and new tech report's ID.

6. RickK1

RickK1 Member

I just submitted a new tech report (353843093) showing my latest attempt to launch Parallels 16 using the Apple Hypervisor, also running the new macOS BIg Sur 11.0.1 beta 2 (20B5022a).

7. Maria@Parallels

Thanks a lot for the provided information.
    We've forwarded it to the Engineering Team.
    Once we get any update we will let you know.

8. SarahS4

SarahS4 Bit poster

i happen to just do this where my computer updated to the big sur and parallel isnt supported in that and apple support wouldnt help since it is a 3rd party app however what i did was uninstall the parallels and then whnt to parallel website for troubleshooting and i instead downloaded parallel 15 not the 16 and now so far it is good and up and running hope this helps people!!

9. NeilW4

NeilW4 Bit poster

I am running 16.1.0 with big sur full installation on a MacBook Pro 13" and parallels wont load up, it is constantly stuck on the starting screen.... I have gone back to 15 and that was the same so reinstalled up to 16.1.0 ..... cannot get windows to run. I use this for business to run SAGE accounts and it is now extremely disappointing and frustrating

10. Maria@Parallels

Hello,
    If you decide to investigate the issue, could you collect the tech report once the issue reproduced and post the report's ID here?

DavidS96 likes this.
  11. DavidS96

DavidS96 Bit poster

I am on Big Sur Public release, and have already uninstalled Virtual Box. I still get the following error message:

To start the virtual machine, please restart your Mac first.
    It has not been restarted after the Parallels Hypervisor System Extension was allowed.

12. Maria@Parallels

Hi, what is your Parallels Desktop version?

13. RickK1

RickK1 Member

I am running Parallels v16.0.1 (48950), and have tried to keep it current. However, it still doesn't, so I have to rely on VMware Fusion to run Windows apps on my Mac (at least it's free). I am very close to just "giving up" on Parallels, and will not recommend it to any of my Mac clients until this somehow gets resolved.

14. RickK1

RickK1 Member

Well, I finally found instructions online to make changes to my CPU and memory, and that fixed the problem.

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  15. Maria@Parallels

Hello, please also do not forget to keep your Parallels Desktop version updated, the latest version is 16.1.1
    Thank you for cooperation with us.

16. JoseM48

JoseM48 Bit poster

This worked for me! Thanks!!

Maria@Parallels likes this.