Parallels Desktop 17 and M1 Ultra chips

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Apple Silicon (M1) Mac' started by MikhailU@Parallels, Mar 10, 2022.

1. madamm

madamm Bit Poster

Well using the text datei config.ini for the monterey guest I was able to config 20 core - geekbench 5 21.000.
    But for Windows there are only options up to 8 cores.
    Is there a timeline when we can expect full Windows support for the Mac Studio Ultra ?

2. Peter66

Peter66 Bit Poster

Hi,

I got my new Mac Studio M1 Ultra and installed the Windows 11. But I can not set a higher CPU number than 4 CPU and only 8 GB of RAM.
    I read about some other users can't exceed 8, but I can not even assign more than 4 cores or more than 8 GB.

Attached Files:

3. Grey Shadow

Grey Shadow Bit Poster

4. madamm

madamm Bit Poster

But the Pro-edition is limited to 8 CPUs on the M1 Mac - esp. on the Mac Studio Ultra - this is far away from the advertised 32 CPUs.

5. pavanbits1

pavanbits1

difference between m1 and intel

6. McallenT@Parallels

McallenT@Parallels Staff Member

Hello @pavanbits1, The architecture of the Intel Processor differs from the M1 chip processor. Thanks, Parallels Team.

7. Peter66

Peter66 Bit Poster

Ok, thanks. I did not notice, that there are two different versions... Now it is working with the 8 CPU's.
    I guess, in future versions more than 8 will be available ?

8. Bhargava@Parallels

Bhargava@Parallels Staff Member

Hello, please refer to know more about assigning CPUs to virtual machines between Pro Edition and Standard Edition. Thanks.

9. PC_

PC_

bhargava@parallels
    Can you please let your team at Parallels know that more and more of us are getting M1 and now M2 Macs and that the limitation at 4 cores is closing the door on using Windows 11 on M Series Macs.
    Thank you.

10. WillH7

WillH7 Bit Poster

It seems if you get the Pro version, you can use up to 32 CPUs.

11. PeterL47

PeterL47 Bit Poster

Hello,

I have just realised that the M1 with Parallels 17 does not support PXE Boot, which it did previously with Intel based chips.

Problem is I have around 100 new macs that I was going to image this way for business. I didnt fancy manually doing this honestly.

Is there an ETA on this?

Thanks

12. MikhailU@Parallels

MikhailU@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi Peter,
    I can tell you it's in our roadmap, and we're working on the feature. Unfortunately, I can't provide you with the ETA since it's internal information.

13. DanS30

DanS30 Bit Poster

I have the Ultra and I can not get past the installation of windows it keeps kicking me back to the Name and Locatin screen.