Parallels Desktop 3094 Beta and Workgroup Manager?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by BryanTom, Dec 29, 2006.

1. BryanTom

BryanTom Bit poster

Hi all,
    I am the IT guy for a school district, and at the beginning of this school year, we purchased 27 intel iMac computers for a new business lab. The new teacher insisted on PC's but we purchased iMac's and slapped boot camp on them with MS Win XP. Everything is working fine, but I find it annoying that kids have to boot into two different systems, depending on what they want to do. For word processing, and Internet (proxy), kids must go to the Mac side - for business applications, they need to go to the PC side.

Anyhow, enough history. I've been trying to get the regular version of Parallels to work in a workgroup manager environment (the iMac computers are a client to our OS 10.3 server) without any luck. Yesterday, I stumbled across the beta post, and downloaded it. To make a long story short, I got a network user to access boot camp via Parallels, but every time I run parallels, as a network user, I'm required to enter the administrator password. When I do type in the admin password, I'm then brought to the prompt to choose the XP config, or the Parallels config, and then the profile 1. Is there a way that parallels will just know which config to choose?

Lastly, I know this is just a beta, but when I access boot camp via Parallels, my right-mouse button does not work. The right-mouse button does however work fine when I boot into Boot Camp directly.

Any help with running Parallels in a workgroup manager environment would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Bryan