Parallels MAC eats HD space, so much Windows does not start up

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by avmc, May 4, 2008.

1. avmc

avmc Bit poster

Since a couple of weeks something is eating HD space away on the MAC side of Parallels, so much that Windows cannot function any longer.
    I started deleting programms and data on the MAC side. But time after time run into the same problem. Now I have no more programms and data left to delete. My Macbook is now a time bomb, what if I have nothing left to delete on the MAc side and Windows stops again??

My e-mail setup is on the Macbook???

Does anybody knows what setting to change. Strange is that with almost nothing left on the MAC side I have only 553 Mb room left? Windows has enough disk space left, only a quarter used.

I deleted iTunes from the windows side and put it on a differen computer for I saw the message that I could not delete the iTuners helper ?? on the Macside

2. jackybe67

jackybe67 Pro

Start parallels and open windows. Click on Actions in the menubar above. Choose "Run Parallels Compressor". This could take a while before compressor is done, but it should increase the amount off free space.

3. avmc

avmc Bit poster

Thanks much for the time to answer me.
    Parallels is on my Macbook, I use this MACmini to communicate with this site.
    Where do I find the 'compressor' on the MAcbook?

Arthur

4. jackybe67

jackybe67 Pro

The best way to use compressor is when windows is running. So start parallels en windows. Go to the menubar above your mac screen. There you find "actions", click on it and choose "run parallels compressor". Thats all