Parallels Mounter

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by ae6dx, Mar 15, 2009.

1. ae6dx

ae6dx Kilo Poster

I am trying to see my VM with Parallels Mounter. When I right click it and choose Open With there is no choice of Parallels Mounter. The Parallels Mounter app is in /LIbrary/Parallels. Also when I launch a VM it used to load a disk image of the VM in the Finder. This no longer happens. My VM files end in a .pvm extension. I have Win XP Pro, Vista business and Ubuntu Linux. This happens of all VMs.

Parallels Desktop 4.0 build 3810 Mac OS X 10.5.6

2. Ken Pelletier

Ken Pelletier

Can't find mounter - explorer won't copy/paste

I need to recover some files from a virtual hdd that, for whatever reason, I can't use with my virtual machine.

Parallels support has been unable to help.

I can open the hdd with Parallels Explorer and see the files I need, but copy/paste doesn't work - it doesn't work at all even with a working virtual machine. This has been mentioned in several other posts.

One solution posed is to use Parallels Mounter, but for the life of me I can find no trace of it anywhere - it's discussed in the docs, even mentioned in the product announcement for Parallels Desktop 4.0 - I don't seem to have it anywhere.

I have build 3810, the very most recent one.

3. Ken Pelletier

Ken Pelletier

I also would like to hear from anybody about where Parallels Mounter went? I'm desperately trying to recover a file from a virtual hdd that Parallels refuses to open, but mounter may get me out of this jam.

Parallels Explorer does open the hdd, but of course it's copy/paste is broken (arrrrrrrgh!) so I can't get the file out of the hdd and into my new one. Absolutely abysmal support from Parallels - I spent 2 hrs on the telephone today.