Parallels never finishes Preparing

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Amph, Feb 22, 2024.

1. Amph

Amph Bit poster

I've had issues with Parallels working recently and previous forum posts failed to help me at all. So I resorted to uninstalling the entire thing and reinstalling it by scooping out the files myself. The official Automatic Installer didn't work (the one that opens the actual download in finder after downloading the dmg) as it never stops preparing for an update. So I found another way to install it which worked but it didn't connect to the internet and no fixes on the forum worked either so I uninstalled it again from Parallels Tools while also doublechecking its locations to make sure its gone.

I have downloaded the official .dmg Automatic Installer again just in case it messed up and it says it's preparing for an update. It has not ever stopped preparing for an update, probably because Parallels doesn't exist even though its supposed to install a new version! I've also tried using
    Parallels Desktop 19 for Mac Image downloader as well to similarly the same result. I don't have a reason to keep the subscription if I can't get a working product but I'd love to use Windows so please help soon.

2. Pramesh Boodadoo

Pramesh Boodadoo Staff Member

Hello,
    As a possible solution, kindly follow the below steps:

1. Make sure Parallels Desktop Application is not running (Click on Parallels Desktop Icon on top of the Mac Menu bar > Select Quit Parallels Desktop).
    2. Click on the Apple Logo > System Preferences > Privacy & Security > Full Disk Access > Enable Parallels Desktop .
    3. Click on the Apple Logo > System Preferences > Privacy & Security > Accessibility > Enable Parallels Desktop .
    4. Try reinstalling it again.

If the issue still persists, for us to further assist you, kindly follow the below steps:
    1. Download Parallels Desktop 19 from the following link: https://download.parallels.com/desktop/v19/19.2.1-54832/ParallelsDesktop-19.2.1-54832.dmg
    2. Double-click on the downloaded dmg file mount to it into Finder.
    3. Launch Terminal ( Finder > Applications > Utilities > Terminal).
    4. Execute the following command:
    /Volumes/Parallels\ Desktop\ 19/Parallels\ Desktop.app/Contents/MacOS/prlsrvctl problem-report --send --stand-alone
    5. Wait for the Technical Report to be generated.
    6. Reply to this post back with 9-digit Technical Report ID.
    Thank you.

3. Amph

Amph Bit poster

Thank you for the quick reply! I tried your first set of steps but it unfortunately didn't work. The technical report ID generated was this: 451506473